Please click HERE
to read a very important and personal message
from Dr. "Glen" Korsen about Kids-Smile Children's Dentistry,
North Shore Orthodontics and our exciting upcoming merger
with Suffolk Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics!
We look forward to seeing you beginning August 3rd!
More information will be coming very soon!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. The past few months have been unlike anything we have ever experienced. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to providing excellent dental care in a safe and comfortable environment. We are so happy to announce that Kids-Smile Children's Dentistry (Soon to be Suffolk Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics) is now open for hygiene and all dental care!
Infection control has always been a top priority so we want to tell you about the new infection control procedures we will follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new guidance or laws that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
It's A New Normal
What to Do Before you arrive
- Brush your teeth at home
Our tooth brushing station is currently closed to eliminate transfer of bacteria or viruses.
- Wear a mask to your appointment.
- Do not drink anything cold or hot before you arrive. We will be checking your temperature with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If you should feel poorly or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Call our office from the parking lot at (631) 265-3266 and let us know that you have arrived. Stay in your car.
- We will record your mobile number and call you when we are ready for you or your child's appointment.
- Any patient or accompanying parent must wear a mask into the office
- When we call you to come into the office, please enter office and wait at our Entry Triage Station where we will record patient temperature and provide hand sanitizer. After triage, we will direct the patient into the treatment room for their scheduled appointment.
- We ask that patient's older than 13 proceed to the office unaccompanied by family members except under special circumstances. If the patient must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, we ask that it be one.
** Note: We ask that parents remain in the car to minimize the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. Should a parent/guardian want to accompany their child into the office, we will also ask temperature and health questions of the parent/guardian. Parents will be directed into one of our 6 designated seating areas in the reception room or, if necessary, into the treatment room with the patient.
Dismissal from Appointment
- The scheduled procedure will be performed
- A dental team member will share information about today's appointment with our front desk person to update the parent. Your child's dentist will be glad to speak with you directly if you request that.
- If you are still in your car, a team member will call you to explain today's treatment and schedule the next appointment.
- If you are in the office, we will speak with directly.
- The patient will be dismissed and head back to you in the parking lot.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
"Kids-Smile Children's Dentistry", soon to be...
"Suffolk Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics"